The cat is out of the bag!
There comes a time for everyone, or at least I would hope for many people, when it dawns on them what their number one passion (at least for the moment being) is. Mine has been sitting and fermenting under my nose for so long that I did not notice it until its aroma turned particularly pungent. No matter. Last week I realized that it was high time to take said passion by the horns and do something more productive with it besides an exemplary Instagram, tweets and status updates. Channel that shit, baby! So here we go. I’m doing this for myself and my own memory more than anything else, but also to maybe help inspire others to make the plunge and to explore with no fear.
Let’s first look over the shoulder. Where did I go in 2012?
- Toronto, Canada – starting point. This is where I lived at the beginning of last year.
- Austin, TX, USA
- Bogota, Colombia
- Villa de Leyva, Colombia
- Quito, Ecuador
- New York, NY, USA
- …moved to London, UK and then went to:
- Helsinki, Finland
- Brighton, UK
- Whitstable, UK
- Brussels, Belgium
- Manchester, UK
- Paris, France
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Lisbon, Portugal
I have more than enough content to write a little travel book about these places. Which is what I will do. I’ve had a really great year for travel last year, and I am thankful for every moment.
What is currently planned for 2013? I hope to take the following trips. What will actually happen? I suppose I’ll find out by the end of this year.
- Budapest, Hungary (done)
- Hamburg, Germany (surprise,for work)
- Bath, England
- Brussels, Belgium (tentative)
- Brighton, England (tentative)
- Berlin, Germany
- Bristol, England
- Copenhagen, Denmark (tentative, still debating)
- Glasgow, Scotland
- Vancouver, Canada (home!)
- Vancouver Islands, particularly Cortez Island, to visit a friend’s farm
- Seattle, USA (not far from home)
- Portland, USA (if some friends join me)
- Bologna and Parma, Italy
- Bratislava, Slovakia (for a “goose party”)
- Vienna, Austria (apparently it’s only a 30 minute drive from Bratislava)
- Istanbul, Turkey
I also really want to go to Krakow, Poland, and Ljubljana, Slovenie, but that’s a bit up in the air. Dubai, UAE would be great to visit a couple of friends who relocated there recently. I want to go to Madrid, Spain as I have never been.
That’s the plan anyway.